Thursday, June 24, 2010

Game Week, Day 3 - Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit

Today's installment of game week brings us something that may not feel all that unfamiliar, Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit for Xbox 360 and Playstation 3. I know what you're thinking, I liked it the first time, when it was on PC and was called... Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit.

But wait, don't be hasty my young hobbits! This episode (I think we're up to 114 now) in the NFS series takes things back to the game's roots, and refreshes this particular series with a console edition. In addition to the traditional souped-up vehicles, this installment features a couple of new twists. One such twist is the ability to choose whether to be the pursuer or the pursuee (and I know the Smokey and the Bandit fans will love that line) enabling you to choose to control one of the super-powered police vehicles, and do the chasing from that side of the law.

Also, a new "social networking" aspect will be included, no doubt allowing you to spam your friends' news feeds with thousands of announcements like "I need help building a garage for my car farm," or, "I just found a lost Delorean on my property!"

Sure, there will be the ability to develop careers, both specific to a single car, as well as driver careers across multiple cars. But the bottom line is, this game involves plenty of what you would expect - lots of fast driving, chasing, and more often than not, crashing. Why, I've never seen anything like it.... The closest comparison I can think of is... a game called Need for Speed... maybe you've heard of it?

No comments:

Post a Comment